If you are reading this post, I am pretty sure that you are looking for information about Ganoderma coffee, otherwise known as mushroom coffee. Ganoderma coffee, also known as lingzhi coffee, is creating a lot of noise amongst the coffee-loving community.
To the surprise of many, lingzhi coffee is being touted as a healthy coffee. Well, we all know the stories and reputation around coffee… and I am sure a lot of people will disagree if I even suggest that it is healthy. But Ganoderma?
Mushroom coffee is not made entirely of mushrooms. Instead, mushroom coffee is a combination of regular coffee with mushrooms (which are typically ground up into a powder) mixed into it.
Thankfully, mushroom coffee does not taste like mushrooms. Instead, it takes on the flavor of the coffee, and with the added health benefits from the mushrooms, this is what makes it is so popular.
You probably think that this is all hype, right? But below I will show you some information that will hopefully change the way you think about mushroom coffee.
Now, let’s take a closer look.
What is Ganoderma Lucidum?
Ganoderma Lucidum has been recognized by Chinese doctors as the highest-ranking herb found in the Chinese Pharmacopoeia for over 4000 years. It is known by the Chinese as Lingzhi, which means “spiritual potency”, and in Japan, Ganoderma Lucidum is known as Reishi, the “King of Herbs” (even though it’s not really a herb, but rather, a mushroom or fungus). Both cultures are known for living long and healthy lives, and for their wisdom in natural medicine.
Ganoderma Lucidum Benefits
Still wondering what all the fuss with mushroom coffee is all about?
Here are some of the reasons why Ganoderma is called the magic herb:
- Rich source of antioxidants – plants are the world’s greatest source of antioxidants and Ganoderma is one of the richest. Antioxidants help fight free radicals that are formed in our body. Free radicals damage our cells and increase our risk of diseases. Since Ganoderma has such a high level of antioxidants, it prevents the attack from disease and works with the Immune System
- Oxygenates and alkalizes the body – Ganoderma is a super ingredient which rapidly oxygenates your body and automatically adjusts your pH to a healthy balance at the cellular level. Due to this effect, many find that they have more energy, stamina, are more alert and have a general feeling of increased well-being
- Promotes excellent blood circulation – Lingzhi promotes blood circulation by dilating the coronary arteries. Because of this, oxygen supply to the heart is improved which helps to prevent various heart diseases and associated conditions
- Prevents the synthesis of cholesterol – This is another effect of Ganoderma that is very important to cardiovascular health. When LDL or “bad cholesterol” is not synthesized or formed, arteries don’t get clogged
- Proven to be antibacterial – Bacteria is one of the most common causes of human diseases. Lingzhi is found to suppress human pathogenic bacteria
- Possesses antiviral properties – Ganoderma is known to be effective in fighting viruses such as influenza and herpes simplex viruses
- Protects the liver – Ganoderma helps with liver detoxification, which improves liver function and stimulates liver cell regeneration. Reports suggest that long-term use of Ganoderma plays a very important role in protecting the liver
- Boosts immunity – This amazing mushroom boosts the body’s immune system by achieving an overall balance of energy. It enhances the synthesis of white blood cells, our immune system’s army
- Fights cancer – Taking Ganoderma can reduce cancer cells and the recurrence of tumor growth. This is achieved by cleansing the body of toxins and strengthening the immune system. Studies have shown that the Ganoderma mushroom aids in the inhibition of the processes that help in the development of prostate cancer
- Neutralizes side effects relative to cancer therapy – cancer patients attest that taking Ganoderma has significantly lessened the cumbersome side effects of cancer therapy
- Anti-aging – With the ongoing use of Ganoderma, many people report that it slows the aging process. Due to the high level of antioxidants, phytonutrients, the higher levels of oxygen in and the alkalizing effect of the pH level of your blood, along with the way in which Ganoderma works with your immune system to suppress disease, all contribute to slowing down the aging process as it fights free radicals and promotes health at a cellular level. The longevity of many Asian cultures could be a testament to this.
Why Is Ganoderma Mushroom Coffee Special?
Ganoderma is the ingredient that is infused in the coffee to make it a better, healthier choice. With its wonderful effects on our health, it is no wonder that this ingredient that captivated ancient medicine and eastern cultures is fast becoming the most sought-after natural ingredient available today.
Its infusion into coffee and tea, beverages we drink multiple times each day, is an excellent example of science collaborating to produce a product beneficial to millions of people, as it’s so easy to consume.
With these Ganoderma lucidum benefits, lingzhi mushroom coffee has become more than just a beverage… it has become the key to better health and well-being.
If you haven’t tried a cup of Ganoderma coffee before, now is a great time to give it a try.
Or learn more about Ganoderma mushroom coffee here.